A leading cobalt company with significant nickel and copper exposure, with strong development stage assets, growth opportunities and exploration projects.
Jervois Mining (ASX: JRV) (TSX-V: JRV) (OTC: JRVMF) is focused on becoming a global supplier in the emerging battery metals market. Our major assets are:
- Jervois Finland, a cobalt refining and specialty products business in Kokkola, Finland
- Idaho Cobalt Operations, Salmon, Idaho, USA
- São Miguel Paulista nickel and cobalt refinery, Brazil
- Nico Young nickel-cobalt project, NSW, Australia.
Jervois acquired Freeport Cobalt, renamed Jervois Finland in 2021. This business consists of:
- a long-term refining capacity agreement with Umicore for the cobalt refinery in Kokkola, Finland (operated by Umicore) under which Jervois Finland has contractual rights to toll refine cobalt;
- long-term contracts with leading global suppliers of cobalt hydroxide, consistent with commitment to best practice responsible sourcing framework; and
- a downstream cobalt products manufacturing facility with an established marketing platform and long-term global customer base servicing clients primarily across Europe, the United States and Japan.
Idaho Cobalt Operations
Jervois acquired the Idaho Cobalt Operations (“ICO”) in 2019. ICO comprises the largest National Instrument (“NI”) 43-101 compliant cobalt Mineral Resource Estimate in the United States.
ICO officially opened in October 2022 and commissioning of the United States’ only cobalt mine has commenced. ICO is expected to reach sustainable production by the end of Q1 2023.
São Miguel Paulista refinery
Jervois completed its acquisition of the São Miguel Paulista (“SMP”) nickel and cobalt refinery (“SMP Refinery”) in São Paulo, Brazil from Companhia Brasileira de Alumíno (“CBA”) in July 2022. SMP Refinery had annual refined production capacity of 25,000 metric tonnes of nickel and 2,000 metric tonnes of cobalt.
Jervois has completed a Bankable Feasibility Study (BFS) for a Stage 1 restart at SMP, with forecast production of 10,000mpta and 2,000mpta of refined nickel and cobalt metal respectively. Jervois expects achieve first commercial production from the Stage 1 restart at SMP in late 2023.
Nico Young nickel-cobalt project
Jervois has completed a Preliminary Economic Assessment on its 100%-owned Nico Young nickel-cobalt project, which envisages heap leaching nickel and cobalt laterite ore.